Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Feb 6th

Dearest famree,

Remember how last week I was completely pumped about the MTC? Well, I still am. But this week we watched the older districts prepare to leave for Seoul, and it got me both anxious and excited for my day to come! Our district is all going to the Seoul mission and we're traveling together which will be awesome. But I know that I need everyday of the nine weeks I have here to learn the language and how to be a better teacher, so I'm taking full advantage of every second!

A few updates from the in the MTC: 

You know how my dreams were pretty wild pre-mission? Well, this may be hard to believe, but they are getting more and more extravagant. Perhaps it's the food. Or that my mind is trying to keep up with Korean and English simultaneously. I had one the other night where the whole family was in Greece and I was babysitting Ander (who was sick--which is ironic cause he's sick right now, maybe the two of us have telepathy) and we got separated from the family and had an adventure finding our way back! 

My companion and I had a heart to heart the other night complete with oreos, peanut butter, and really awesome pants. She's great.

The language is coming! The language is coming! It's Paul Revere here reporting that Sister McCloskey is finally beginning to catch on to the insane grammar of the Korean language. The alphabet is easy, but as soon as I seem to catch on to once grammatical concept, we get another one. Agh. I am loving it though. Korean is such a beautiful language! And I'm not studying for me, I am studying for the people of Korea so that I can bring them unto Christ. As long as I keep that in mind, the studying becomes more of a privilege than an obligation.

Speaking of the language, I was asked by our branch presidency to give the closing prayer in sacrament meeting on Sunday. 

Nailed it. 

I see more and more people I know everyday which is so fun! I think I've seen close to twenty five now and I love that we're all here with the same purpose. That's about all I got for ya! But I am still so so happy where I am and I just love you all and I love the Savior so much. 

MARCUS! I am so excited for you. My guess? I bet you can guess. Yep. You got it. Korea, Seoul. That would be swell, but I know that wherever you go is where you're meant to be. Just know that I am so so excited for you and I can't wait for you to join me out here!

And Sophia is getting baptized this month, right? Give her my love and congratulations. And know that I'll be thinking of her on that big day!

As for the rest uh ya'lls. Chase, there's a letter coming for you, but don't worry about having time to write. I know you're busy with homework... And by homework I mean girls. ;) Quinn, Elder Jolley seriously reminds me so much of you. I'm going to introduce you when he gets back. You'd probably rather me introduce you to a Sister than an Elder though, huh? :) Jessie, I love your letters and pictures. The Ander picture is hanging on my wall and he gets a lot of admiration from the sisters in my hall. Already breakin hearts right and left! And Brandon, Cancun? Not cool. But kinda cool. I guess. Mom, our district loves you and your yummy desserts. And Dad, did you take mom on a cazookie date like I told you to? Good. Love you. And Mia! Thank you for the Mermaid book. I love it almost as much as I love your cute face. Tori, Bri, and Jen, will the three of you pick the best picture of us and send it to me? I realized I don't have a single one. I miss our adventures and I love you all so much. As for anyone else I missed, you are in my heart and in my prayers. Love you! 

Love,
Seester Meecuhlawskee

P.S. I heard from an inside source in the outside world that Oreo now has a cookie dough flavor? If such news is found to be true, feel free to send some love my way. :) 


1. Peanut butter and oreo party.


2. Sister Jeffery (a high school friend) and I at the temple


3. The Elders (from left to right: Jolley, Woodall, Fisher, Bean, Miller and Christensen)

4. The height difference. These two are goobers!

5. A drawing I didn't have time to finish

No comments:

Post a Comment