Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Feb 27th

As you can see from the title of this email, I am just about finished with my seventh week here at the MTC. Can you believe it? I can. Hah. It's a long time, but my branch and district is really great at keeping things fun. For example:

We've gotten pretty used to the food here in the cafeteria so we're always trying to make things interesting. We've learned that 1) It's impossible, yet thoroughly entertaining, to try and slurp up a whole cup of jell-o in one gulp. 2) If you break a hard chocolate chip cookie up into bite-sized pieces and put it in a cup, it's like cookie cereal. What could possibly be wrong about cookie cereal? 3) Banana+peanut butter+sliced almonds= banana+peanut butter+ sliced almonds. Who knew? No, but really it is my favorite thing in the cafeteria. And lastly, 4) Chocolate milk mixed with Sprite is wierldly good. 

Now you're really worrying about me, aren't you dad?

Another funny thing we have done is that me and all of the sisters in the branch, all of whom are wonderful, decided to do a social experiment by wearing the same outfit everyday this week to see if the Elders would notice. The exact same outfit. So we started Monday. Did they notice Tuesday? Nope. Wednesday? Nope. Only today, this morning (I changed, don't worry) at breakfast, did we overhear an Elder say, "Am I crazy or are the sisters wearing the same outfits?" Too funny. We thought for sure they would notice sooner! But I guess it's kinds like in the cartoons. Every character wears the same outfit everyday, every episode, but no one pays any attention to it. That's like boys. All the time. 

In other news, we got our Korean name tags this week! So it has the Korean translation of our name on it. Mine sounds something like "Meh-cur-rah-suh-kee". They look way cool though and I'll try to send a picture soon. 

Speaking of pictures, I've been drawing little pictures for each of our investigators which has been so fun. I'll be sure to send some pictures of those too. I also am going to do this thing where I draw every view of every apartment I am in while I am on my mission. Starting with the MTC! I'll send a picture of that one, too. 

In other news, we got some 17 new missionaries in our branch! They're Americans and I haven't really gotten to see much of them, but they seem nice. It was fun hosting and being in the sunshine for a little while on Wednesday. We are really trying to "SYL" (speak your language) especially to set an example for the newbies. The other day in class we practiced street contacting which was the funnest thing! It was hard to keep them interested while speaking quickly and making the message personal to them. It was such a cool experience and got me so excited to contact the people in Korea! I also am planning on bearing my testimony in Korean on Sunday which should be an adventure.

That's about all the exciting things on my end. I hope everyone is doing well and has been enjoying this beautiful weather (both rain and snow). You are all in my heart and in my prayers (which I have mastered in Korean) and I love you so much. Marcus, I'm getting anxious to hear about your call, as I'm sure you are too! I'm so excited for you. Elder Madsen leaves Monday for Paris which is sad, yet so so exciting. Paris! He's gonna be an awesome missionary.

Give Ander a really big hug for me. And dad, too. Or rather, a really wet smack on the cheek. You know, a Brandon kiss. :)

Love you,

Sister McCloskey




No comments:

Post a Comment