Monday, May 11, 2015

May 4, 2015 - 포스가 너와 함게 하도록 하길



You know those warhead candies Brandon had the brilliant idea for us to eat that one time at Nickel City that made our faces twist into all sorts of fun shapes? The initial shock is what gotya, but really they are quite sweet if you just let it sit.
Well I thought then that I understood the meaning of the word, "Bittersweet" when I ate that, but it has taken on a whole new meaning. Thursday morning, as I was attending to the tedious task of coating my eyelashes in that gooey black stuff (pretty wierd that we do that if you think about it) and the thought came into my mind to use the waterproof mascara I've had in my bag my whole mission and haven't thought to use til that day. Heavenly Father was looking out from me from the beginning. 
It wasn't until later that morning when the unexpected phone call from President informing me of Grandma's passing, that I realized I that following that prompting coulda saved me 5 cents worth of mascara. It's interesting how God works, isn't it? Sister Jeon and I knelt in prayer after the phone call and as she prayed for the family and Grandma, that's when the tears came. But I know Heavenly Father was looking out for me that day, opening my scriptures to D&C 100. :)  
And the day turned out to be a pretty wonderful day full of more laughter than tears. That day we even got to do service at an elderly care center. The laughter came when one of the old ladies pointed out the "fur" on one of the Elder's arms and he proceeded to show a portion of the forest on his leg. Her reaction, I'd say, was something like that of mom's after Felice so lovingly put her claws in her bottom. It was filled with shock, horror and a little jump. I'd pay good money to watch that again.
But what I would rather watch again is the lessons we have had with Mina this week. GUYS MINA. You want to know what she said to us as we were reading the Book of Mormon together? She stopped us and said, "I've been to other churches, but this church has something other churches don't. This church has the Spirit." I've never met someone who is so pure and is as receptive to the Spirit as her. I wish I could tell you everything, but I'm running out of time. Just keep her in your prayers cause she's the most prepared person for this gospel I've met my whole mission and we couldn't be happier for her. We couldn't be happier because of her either. :)
So, yes. All is well. Sister Jeon and I are happy as can be, though not looking forward to her return home in a week and a half. :( I'm glad to hear that all went well with the funeral and looking forward to hearing your familiar voices this week.
All my love as always,
Sister Me
P.S. I can't find my connecter thing so no pics this week. But don't worry I just taught a lesson on repentance, so I'll get right on it!
P.P.S. If you thought I forgot today was STAR WARS DAY ask a Korean what that subject says and you'll think twice. :)
P.P.P.S. Really, love you guys.
P.P.P.P.S. My mission forwarded some pictures from our mission conference and Jon Schmidt concert, so it looks like I do have some to share after all.




No comments:

Post a Comment