Monday, April 13, 2015

April 12, 2015 - Swallowed up in the joy of God


Sup.
 
So I'm not so good at writing all the boring logistical stuff, but I come from a family of smarties, so I figure I should relay some of this to all of you. So for anyone who cares (ahem DAD), here's the boring stuff... :)
 
There are currently around 200 missionaries in our mission, 51 sisters (30 foreign 21 Korean), 148 elders (120 foreign and 28 Korean). There are about 10 sister training leaders (and I'm the youngest in mission age--yikes!) and we work with the zone leaders to help train the missionaries, especially sisters, in our zone. We go on exchanges with the sisters and give monthly zone trainings. Whew.
 
This week we had a leadership training meeting with all the APs and zone leaders at President's home which was so so fun and a huge spiritual high. Then the next day, the two zone leaders and sister Jeon and I gave our first zone training. We got pretty creative with it and it ended up being "one of the best zone training meetings" the APs had seen. Cool, huh? 
 
As for Sister Jeon and I, we couldn't be happier. We end nearly everyday staring out our window watching Seoul buzz 16 floors beneath us, just marveling at the joy this gospel brings. I hope I never lose the profound sense of awe and adoration I have for this gospel and this work. Everyday seems to end like Ammon who "was swallowed up in the joy of his God, even to the exhausting of his strength..." (Alma 27:17). I don't know if I've used that one before, but it couldn't be more pertinent than right now. That isn't to say that there aren't struggles or disappointments, as we have seen many. One of our investigators, who is the most prepared 20 year old ever and has this huge desire to be baptized, can no longer meet with us, contact us, or come to church because of her father opposing it. Sigh. But we have five Chinese investigators who are progressing and Kim Soo Ryen even came to and stayed for all four hours of conference with us! So awesome.
 
My heart is just so full and there's so much I want to say, but don't have sufficient time. Lately we have been teaching so many people who have no background with religion or God and have gotten to teach over five people how to pray. It's a pretty cool thing getting to be there with someone their first time communicating with their Father in Heaven. I love introducing people to that wonderful big guy in the sky. I was lucky enough to be introduced to Him at a young age by two of the best people in this world. But though I was taught to pray and continued to practice throughout my life, I think I started to get comfortable with it; a little too comfortable. I found myself simply tossing wishes up into the air hoping someone somewhere somehow would catch it. I still have to ask myself how I actually came to a knowledge of the existence of God. Not only a knowledge of his existence, but that He knows ME and loves ME. And I honestly don't know how it happened, but... It happened. Just like a painting being made one brush stroke at a time, this is a painting that's still being painted. But now it's starting to take form and I'll tell ya... it's looking pretty darn good. :) Yup. I know God lives and I know He loves me. 
 
He's up there guys. Keep looking up and you'll find Him. 
 
Promise. :)
 
Love,
Sister McCloskey 
 


P.S. We are going to the DMZ (aka NORTH KOREA) this week as a district. So awesome, right? If I don't make it back... Just know how much I love you. K? :)

Conference doodle
Our awesome view


No comments:

Post a Comment