Tuesday, March 17, 2015

March 9, 2015 - Well at least she still knows her ABC's...



I might just take that phrase "a picture is worth a thousand words" and run with it this week cause boy do I have some shots to show you! But although this little yellow fuji's got quite the range of features (it likes to swim more than Riley, you know)  there are some things that it just can't capture. And some things that the allotted time I have to email leave little room to capture as well. 

Here are a few things that filled my week:

Buddhist temples
Buddhist people
Blue skies
Book of Mormon miracles (we had a zone meeting in Seoul focusing on the Book of Mormon and the next day while street contacting we saw a woman carrying a big white bag with "Book of Mormon The Musical". Naturally, we ran after her and shall be meeting her next week. We've had so many awesome miracles with the Book of Mormon this week with just the most random people. So cool)
Banana bread
Barbecue (we're not talking hot dogs and buns. We're talking something we koreans like to call 삼겹살. It's like bacon... but better. We had the whole ward out on the lawn by our church with investigators and the like. SO fun. )
.
ChunCheon (well, yeah everyday is full of ChunCheon and I love it! I have been here for almost seven months now so I now understand the meaning of the phrase "I know this place like the back of my hand"... Two freckles there. Some blonde hair there. My favorite street there. The peach lady there. Seriously not a day goes by where we don't run see someone I know. This is my home) 
Church (I decided to be a good missionary and go to church this week.. hah. But Sister Shim, our new college student investigator, came to all three hours and the young lady who owns a shop by our home who I have been trying to get to come to church since I got here came... and stayed all three hours! And not only that but two less actives we have been working with shuffled in to. We obviously couldn't have been happier)
Cool dreams (I don't know if it's all the Sri Lankan food I've been eating or what but my dreams have gotten wilder the last few weeks. Too bad I can't take pictures of those, huh?) 
Costco (you bet they have mango smoothies and sweet potato pizza)

.
.
Hong... Sister (Typing Korean names is the worst. But she's not. Quite the opposite really! She's the best and every time we meet with her it is the coolest. She's still not sure about baptism, but she's working toward a date now so we're super excited for her)
.
Imma! (Now is scheduled to be baptized in April and we couldn't be more excited for her)
.
.
.
J (always gets ya in the alphabet game, doesn't it?)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.S... RI LANKANS (last, but certainly not least, we met the two guys we met on the street last week, and had the coolest lesson with them and the elders and our Russian student member friend. It was so cool watching Sister Wijetunge do her thing and watch the Restoration in Sinhala. They have so much interest and seem sincerely enthralled by the Book of Mormon, so we're so excited)

There's so many more letters in the alphabet and so much I'm forgetting, but this should hold you for a week, right mama? It really is amazing how the work is moving these days and how many miracles we see in a day. I have no doubt that Heavenly Father is up there behind all this. I learn things (not only how to cook, mind you) from Sister Wijetunge everyday and I consider myself so lucky to so fondly call her my 동반자.

I love you guys too, you know. And always give you my best.

Muuuuuuuuah!

Love,
Sister McCloskey

P.S. The moment you've all been waiting for. It's picture time.

Waterfall
                              
                                     On the ferry (my beautiful companion. so pretty right?)





And one at a cute little restaurant we were taken to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment