Monday, November 10, 2014

November 9, 2014 - Shlessinger? Schlesigner? Shleshingur?


Not too much from this end this week thanks to the life-threatening case of pneumonia (who's impressed I still know how to spell that.. I did spell it right, didn't I?) that left my companion and I bed-ridden.
 
Hah. Just kidding mama.
 
Don't worry, the companion and I are healthy and happy as ever. We take our vitamins and excersize (wow that was harder to spell than pneumonia) daily and follow a strict food pyramid diet. Okay, fine, minus the food pyramid. Who even knows what that is? Besides, this is Asia. They don't have pyramids here anyway.
 
... Anyway. The REAL reason I have little to write is that we spent a large part of our week in Seoul! We had temple day on Tuesday, zone meeting on Wednesday, and a stake music conference on Saturday, all of which were what I would deem a "raging success". The time in between that was spent teaching on the train, talking to people on the streets, teaching english class, etc. The usual. As for the UNusual, we had several less-actives show up out of the blue this week that we met with and who agreed to come back to church! One came in while we were practicing our music with our ward. She had had a rough day and decided to go on a walk, saw the lights on in our little church, followed the spirit right on in and BAM. She's back. As for investigators, we weren't able to meet with SeaHorse or Jessie, for various sad reasons, but we met with Imma and Emma (how quaint). They are both so awesome and have so so much potential.
 
So many of our investigators and less-actives are having really hard times right now and it's been hard on my little companion and I. I feel like I should have paid more attention when mom was listening to Dr. Laura Schlessinger (yeah. there's no hope spelling that one), the whitest woman with the most black woman voice ever. Next to Abigail Harper that is.
 
Now I've got my mom all excited thinking I'm going to listen to it with her when I get back. Hah! No, no. I wouldn't go that far. I don't know nearly as much as she does about probably everything, but I do have something to offer that she doesn't. And it's a knowledge of this gospel and of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I know. I know I know I know that no matter what it is you're going through, He has been through it. He can bring you more comfort and peace than you could find anywhere else from anywhere else. Cool, huh?
 
That's I've got for this week. It's getting a little chillier here, as I imagine is the case back home. Keep warm. Don't get pneumonia. And no matter what anyone tells you, it's okay to listen to Christmas music before Thanksgiving. You've waited too long to belt Mariah Carey's "I don't want a lot for Christmas".
 
Love you all,
Sister McCloskey
 
What's a letter without a selfie?

A message card. Woo!

  Sister Zundel from my mission prep class at BYU!
We've been in the same zone since she's gotten here.
So fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment