Tuesday, December 16, 2014

December 14, 2014 - WOW

A happy couple  :-)

Since Jessie wrote their Christmas letter from little Ander's perspective, I figured I would do the same.
 
"So there's this aunt that my daddy keeps telling me I have but I have a hard time believing him. I mean, aren't aunts supposed to love their nephews? It's almost been a year since I last saw her and I'm practically a man now. Minus the facial hair. But that will probably come before she gets here. I hear she's in Korea (maybe that's next to the moon?) and she's really happy. So that's good. I happy too. And hungry.... MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!"
 
Pretty much sums it up.
 
Seriously that little blob isn't the same little blob I held in my arms at the MTC. What are you two feeding him? He's right though. I am happy. And though I don't get to give him that big auntie squeeze, I know that the time I am spending away from my family is making it possible for others to be together forever. You'll get that hug, Ander. Promise. :)
 
This week was full of miracles. It began with temple day in Seoul, which was wonderful as always. Sister Seo and I spent our p-day roaming the streets of Seoul going into art gallery after art gallery and finding hints of Christmas on every corner. It was such a fun day. On the train ride home, a man approached us asking about the Book of Mormon. He was familiar with the church (has a memeber friend), but had so many questions. We finally tied the knot at the end of his thread of questions by giving him the Book and getting his number to refer to the Elders. It was such a cool experience. 
 
One of my mission goals, among many, is to develop a testimony of fasting. I had fasted countless times growing up, but as I looked back I had never really had any memorable experience with it. Nor truly understood why. But I can happily change that "is to develop" to "was to develop". This past week my companion and I fasted together and saw the immediate blessings. Not only were we not the slightest bit hungry, though we street contacted all day, but we could feel the spirit filling the emptiness. I have never really experienced that, or just never recongized it before. When we finished our fast we headed out to the apartment complex we had previously planned to visit. The first house we knocked on was and older lady who was home with her grandchildren and who ushered us in without letting us finish saying hello. The whole family ended up coming in and were preparing to leave so we introduced them to the Book of Mormon which they accepted graciously. Then about five doors later we happened upon a middle aged man who also insisted we come in, but as sisters we had to keep our rule. But we had one of the coolest doorstep conversations ever that ended in him agreeing to not only read the book of mormon, but to give us his number, meet with the elders and come to church. How cool is that? When we got to the bottom of the stairs of that apartment complex my companion looked up (way up :) ) at me, tears filling her big brown eyes. There is no doubt in my mind that this is God's work and His hand is in everything we do.
 
We also had the opportunity to teach Imma! She has three exams this upcoming week, but after the exams she has two months of vacation and she's staying! A huge miracle. She also agreed to come to church and wants to meet more when she has more time. We also taught Jessie, 박영여, Nicole, and Emma this week. And we ran into a long lost former investigator on the street who wants to start meeting again. Can you say wow?
 
WOW.
 
(No, not World of Warcraft. You got excited there didn't you, BQC? :P)
 
I wish you all a week of miracles and the most beautiful Chirstmas season. Keep smiling. Fill your stomaches with neighbor goodies. Tell Santa what's on your list this Chirstmas (not an air guitar though, I hear those are getting pretty expensive these days). And Ander, stop growing, would you?
 
Love,
Your daughter, sister, friend, neice, cousin, grandaughter and fellow child of God,
 
Sister McCloskey
 
P.S. Here's a little bit of Seoul. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment