Sunday, August 2, 2015

July 26, 2015 - Mina

"Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of the exceeding joy of which I did taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.
 ...Yea, and now behold, O my son, the Lord doth give me exceedingly great joy in the fruit of my labors..."
(Alma 36:24-25) This week that fruit and "exceedingly great joy" hit me like a slap in the face. A good one, though. You didn't think a slap in the face could ever be a good thing, now did you? Okay, maybe it was more like a pie to the face. Cause that sounds a little more desirable. Banana Cream? 

Anywho. Remember Mina? She's the beautiful thirty year old Mongolian Sister Jeon and I met some four months ago. You may not remember, but hers is a name I will never forget. She was that "golden investigator" every missionary dies to teach. She was the most prepared investigator I've ever had. She felt the spirit right off the bat stronger than anyone else I've ever taught. And I have never prayed for, fasted for, or studied for anyone more in my life than her.

Those prayers were answered. Mina is getting baptized this Sunday :)

Feels like a dream within a dream. Where's Leo Dicap when you need him? Oh right, there was no room for him on the door.

We met Mina this week and she bore a powerful testimony and told us that she is ready and striving to do all she can to keep every commandment. She wants to be "born again" and "recommit to follow the Savior" and she knows that this is the way. She came to church, we had a member present lesson and we got to eat Mongolian food with her this week. THE BEST.

It's a good thing I've always liked maracchino cherries, cause Heavenly Father just dumped a handful atop this sunday. Our little threesome has been blessed with some fifteen beautiful children of God with whom to share this message (among which are Mongolian, Chinese, Vietnamese, Malaysian, and of course Koreans), four of which are new investigators and four others have baptismal dates. Can you say "wonder of wonders miracle of miracles", or what? 
 
I'm about out of time (yikes, that applies to more than just this email session, doesn't it?) but I'd like to turn the time over to President Hinckley to sum it all up.

Take it away, President.

 "Do you want to be happy?
Forget yourself and get lost in this great cause. 
Lend your efforts to helping people... 
Stand higher, lift those with feeble knees,
hold up the arms of those that hang down.
Live the gospel of Jesus Christ."

I was caught on film laughing in my sleep this week so I guess it's pretty safe to say I'm happy. Haha. :) I wish you all the best and... well, I'll see you soon! 

Love, 
Sister McCloskey

P.S. Here's Seoul and a little drawing I did for one of our investigators! Enjoy!


We went to the tower on pday and put a lock on the lock
bridge with our names and a heart by them (leaving room
for our future husbands names). SO fun.

.. And that's me cracking up as I threw the key off the mountain. 

I LOVE my companions. :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment