Monday, January 12, 2015

Jan. 11, 2015 - Sri... Whatka?





I think when I die and go to Heaven and I sit in a little movie theatre with some movie butter popcorn to watch a play back of my life I will fast forward and watch the last four days of my life.
 
No, I did not win the nobel prize. No, I was not cast as an elf in the next Hobbit movie. And no, there wasn't any rain. In reality, the last few days have been some of the most mentally, physically, spiritually exhausting days I have spent on my short sojourn here on earth. Why would I want to relive them? you ask?
 
What a great question.
I suppose to answer I ought to start by introducing you to my new companion. I would say you should guess where's she's from, but we'd be here all day and I've got missionary work to do. Trust me, you will never guess where this one's from. I was wrong from the beginning. I was certain she would either be a Korean that didn't speak much English or an American that didn't speak much Korean... Two strikes. Then I found out the two new sister's coming in were from Australia (actually Samoa) and Sri Lanka and seeing as the other sister training is from Cambodia I thought for sure I would get the Australian.
Strike three.
I scored the most beautiful angel from Sri Lanka. SRI LANKA. Never in a million years. Her name is Sister Wijethunge (it was almost harder learning how to say that than it was learning Korean. It's something like Wee-jay-toon-guh... I thought McCloskey was hard!) and she has seven pet cats and a pet squirrel and a beautiful smile and an enthusiasm for everything and I want to tell you everything about her but I don't have time. I already love her to pieces. Gosh. The capacity to love never stops growing does it?
As for our first few days together, wow. We have had so many cool contacting experiences and somehow managed to get nine phone numbers, several return appointments and an amazing new investigator. We met her on the street, then into a cafe and she has so so much potential. Ah. It was so awesome. We also met with Imma (Burundi) and proposed February 21st as her baptismal date. She is not ready to accept, but told us she would pray about it so we are praying hard. I also gave a 갑자기 (sudden) talk on Sunday and a message about the Atonement in front of a group of twenty something. It's like Heavenly Father through a curve ball at me and knows I never played baseball, or even softball for that matter. But I know I've got a coach and He's not sitting in the duggout. He's right next to me, helping position my hands in the right spot to prepare me for whatever comes flying my way.
Simply put, I have seen so many incredible miracles this week, little ones, and have felt the needed strength from Heavenly Father more than ever. It's all pretty much summed up in a scripture I opened up to the other day, that I would love to share with you.
Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? . . .
He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. . . .
. . . They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. [Isaiah 40:28–31]

Heavenly Father is so real, you guys. I know He loves me and I know He loves you. I know He loves me because He sends my companions like Sister Wijethunge and I couldn't be more excited a miracle filled next 12 weeks.
All my love and more,
Sister McCloskey
P.S. A farewell to Sister Seo and a welcome to Sister Wijethunge! (featured on my left)



.. And here is our district

No comments:

Post a Comment